feeling good

|
The weekend had been panning out to be a re-run of last weekend's apathy and motivation lull, but it all came good in the end.

Saturday was once more completely exercise-free, although quite a loverly and indulgent day - meals out, a movie and a successful shopping trip to purchase a tripod. I'm a right proper bona fide photographer now, however badly the pics turn out, I'll certainly look the part.

Today, I woke with the greatest of intentions to make up for yesterday's laziness, but the hours went by and I couldn't get my butt into gear. I did, however, have a very strong desire for a decent coffee but hubby had the car. Unlike last weekend, the timing was perfect, I got my bike out and cycled to the nearest coffee shop. It was only 3km away so after I'd fuelled up I took the opportunity to explore the neighbourhood a bit - totalling a ride of about 13km. Not exactly a marathon but not to be sniffed at either.

It just felt good to have overcome my lethargy. It's funny how exercise feels so much better when it's been undertaken reluctantly, somehow the smug-afterglow is that much greater.

Next weekend I need to break this exercise-free weekend habit I've gotten into completely.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job getting out the bike!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Good for you for getting out and exploring! I can't wait for warmer weather so that I can ride my bike.

Hanlie said...

Here's an idea! Instead of calling it an exercise-FREE weekend, start calling it an exercise-DEPRIVED weekend. It's subtle, but it may make you look at things differently...

Anonymous said...

I tend to fall into pyjama-clad lethargy a bit on the weekends too, so I know how you feel! So good on you for fighting the lethargy and getting on the bike! :) :) I've always wondered why my brain tells me that I don't want to exercise when I always feel so good afterwards. It's a mystery to me.

I hope you'll start sharing some more of your photos on here, now that you are a bona fide tripod-owning photographer! I'd love to see some pics of your kitties (I am a fellow cat lady!).

xoxo

The Fat Foreigner said...

Yay for the good weekend! I wish I could say the same but I actually had my first rest day for a while on Sunday,

JanetM97 said...

Coffee is a good motivator for me, too. lol. Yeah for you getting out. I FINALLY got on my treadmill, too. I pledge to do better next weekend, also.

The Fat Foreigner said...

I've just been offered another year on my contract, so it will be until at least the beginning of Aug 2010 at this point

ani pesto said...

@Hanlie - thank you for that suggestion. I know my choice of words are often off kilter from my intentions.. lots of "if" not "when", "hope" not "will", I try to look out for them but I hadn't even spotted this one was like giving a not-so-bad twist to my lack of motivation. Well spotted.

@Miss Milo - our poor cats are getting a permanent look of disdain, it's like "Muuuuuuum, not again... enough with the photies already". I think it's very likely you'll see plenty more of them.

Mary said...

Good job with the bike though!! It's always easy to go for the lazy option (wait for your husband to get back with the car, take public transport, or give up coffee altogether), and you made a healthy choice :) plus you got to explore the neighborhood too. Sounds like my ideal Sunday--kick back and relax and not have to feel guilty too.